Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pets and Pet Care


I am a pet owner, I have two wonderfull Beagles. I have always been Alergic to dogs and cats, but when we got my first Beagle I had a period of about 2 months that I had symptoms and then is was over, now I am alergic to other dogs but I am fine with my dogs. If you are looking to get a dog make sure you research, do not go out and get the cutest little dog you can find. I did this of course I am ok with my decision but there are some things to take into consideration. Beagle are Hounds, they like the outside and need to be in the world where they can utilize there greatest gift their nose. They are high maintenance, and can have some bad habbits. They are not the ideal House dog. One thing you will get with a beagle is an even tempered dog that has a great social order, what I mean is they are easy going and friendly most of the time. They will be your best friend when you need a friend, they will try to be a lap dog, and if you have two of them that is they will both try to be a lap dog at the same time. Now here is the bad habbits part.

They will tear up furniture if not under supervision
They will Howl in the middle of the night
They have a Hound type odor
They Shed
They are prone to weight gain (mainly because of the Breed) (They will eat at all times if you let them)

If you can handle some of these things then a Beagle is the perfect little snoopy for you. Please tell me about your pets or pet experiences, please post comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment